Welcome! You have been invited to follow this blog by either a student or leader of Salem First Baptist's Student Ministries. We are so glad you are here! It has been on our heart to have God move through our students in a big way, and we know that the main way to get that done is by having a body of believers praying for us constantly. Our goal with this blog is to keep you informed and up-to-date on prayer requests we have within our ministry, whether they be from an individual student or from the group as a whole. We want to thank you for your willingness to pray for us and the work God is already doing within the lives of our students.


Friday, October 23, 2015


PRAYERS OF THE WEEK:
For Our Student
We started a new study entitled "The New You" - a study on God's holiness. We looked at Isaiah's life and the unique encounter he had with God and His holiness. When we hold God to the standard of holiness, it is then that we see ourselves as sinners in need of God. Pray that as students wrestle with this, they recognize their own sinfulness. Pray they would confess their sin - to God, others, and themselves. Pray they take responsibility for their actions. Pray for the students and leaders - that they would be continually surrendering to God's call on their lives. Pray they see that by surrendering, they are willing to make changes in life so they can better reflect God's holy character.

 
For Our Ministry
Pray that the light of the church and the heart of the family would continually come together to reach and raise the next generation in Christ Jesus.

PRAYER REQUESTS FROM OUR STUDENTS:
 - Homework! I have so much stress and homework. I don’t h have any free time for Bible reading or devotions anymore.
- Just help with finding new friends in high school and understanding how to go about my "old friends".
- Work and pride that I have is distracting me from God. Fear of the future.
- I kind of feel lost; I don’t feel like my relationship with God has improved, I feel like it’s not there. I pray and talk to Him, but I feel empty. I just don’t know what to think or how to feel.
- that I would be challenged and discover/decide what I believe. To grow in faith and be bold enough to share that with others. To determine the true/valuable relationships in life. Not to lose the feelings from my school retreat. To change for the better. Be a leader for others. Devote time and effort to prayer, worship, and praise to God. Realize what’s important.

STUDENTS IN OUR MINISTRY:
Please take a moment to pray for these students individually. Pray over their week, family life, friendships, and character.


Rebecca

Tyler S.
Jordan
Kylie
Caitlin
Chance
Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment