Welcome! You have been invited to follow this blog by either a student or leader of Salem First Baptist's Student Ministries. We are so glad you are here! It has been on our heart to have God move through our students in a big way, and we know that the main way to get that done is by having a body of believers praying for us constantly. Our goal with this blog is to keep you informed and up-to-date on prayer requests we have within our ministry, whether they be from an individual student or from the group as a whole. We want to thank you for your willingness to pray for us and the work God is already doing within the lives of our students.


Tuesday, November 22, 2016

PRAYERS OF THE WEEK:
For Our Students

This week we do not have Thrive or Fusion on account of Thanksgiving. A lot of our kids don't necessary enjoy breaks like this because their home life isn't good. Pray during this Thanksgiving holiday that students will be wrapped in love and peace, even when their home life might be filled with turmoil. Pray that as their families unite that it would be a good time of fellowship and celebration for them. Pray for safety for those who are traveling.

Angel Tree
This year our Thrive students and leaders are participating in Angel Tree. We have committed to purchasing gifts for 10 high school students. Pray that as we see students give money to this ministry, they will see the ripple affect of their giving. Pray they felt led to give.

PRAYER REQUESTS FROM OUR STUDENTS:
- I want to be able to have a good prayer life and continuous conversation with God.
- Help me control my temper. Help me to lead my girlfriend to Christ.
- I pray for a heart of gold that I can follow God’s own heart. For my parents to restore their relationship. For my grandfather to overcome the sorrow of the impending death of my grandma. I pray for a spirit to help me spread the Gospel. Better focus to study for school. Pray to overcome these lust of sexual feelings I have, for they distract me from the heart of God.
- That I would listen to the Holy Spirit instead of suppress Him. That my mom would have people in the church who would see her, ask her how she’s doing and support her. That the Holy Spirit would guide me as I take the SAT. That certain things in my life, my mom’s, and my brother’s lives would be bought back and given to us by God. That I will believe and trust God.
- I pray for confidence at work and at school and for peace. I have been feeling really anxious and have had a hard time being myself. Also prayer for my family in general.
- Prayer would be nice for making decisions for my future and what to do with my life. That the SAT’s go well. Pray for relationships in general.

STUDENTS IN OUR MINISTRY:
Please take a moment to pray for these students individually. Pray over their week, family life, friendships, and character.

Trisha
Harley
Logan
Grant
Paige
Rylee
David

No comments:

Post a Comment