Welcome! You have been invited to follow this blog by either a student or leader of Salem First Baptist's Student Ministries. We are so glad you are here! It has been on our heart to have God move through our students in a big way, and we know that the main way to get that done is by having a body of believers praying for us constantly. Our goal with this blog is to keep you informed and up-to-date on prayer requests we have within our ministry, whether they be from an individual student or from the group as a whole. We want to thank you for your willingness to pray for us and the work God is already doing within the lives of our students.


Thursday, December 1, 2016

PRAYERS OF THE WEEK:
For Our Students

This week we started our Christmas series called "Light of the World". The Christmas season is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year. But for a lot of our students, it's complicated. It's a time of year that surfaces family tensions, unmet expectations, and the pain of absent parents or guardians. Pray as our students refocus on the true meaning of Christmas that they will not be distracted. Pray that if this is a complicated season for them, that they would be able to live in the truth that Jesus is the light and life that overcomes darkness.


For Our Ministry
Pray that our students and leaders would experience the joy of Christ as they worship Him in word and deed. Pray that with thanksgiving in our hearts we would reflect Jesus in all we say and do.

PRAYER REQUESTS FROM OUR STUDENTS:
- That I will not regress in my faith and that my relationship with Christ will be strengthened through hard times.
- Good grades, help with relationships with family and friends, help with peer pressure, help me not listen to insults or worldly influence.
- My mom for strength and an open heart to be able to forgive. My dad for understanding and to be able to see his wrongs. My brother for a craving for God and his family.
- I pray for strength. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and I am scared I will never to be able to deal with it without my medication.
- I really need strength to finish the school year well. I feel bogged down and worn out. I need to find time to spend with God and do other important things. Also, please pray for my friends who aren’t living for God – Jessica, Madisen, and Becka.
- Dealing with depression, health problems, PTSD and flashbacks and a lot of pain.

STUDENTS IN OUR MINISTRY:
Please take a moment to pray for these students individually. Pray over their week, family life, friendships, and character.

Conner
Jaden
Raina
Abby
Gabe
Mia
Brady




No comments:

Post a Comment