Welcome! You have been invited to follow this blog by either a student or leader of Salem First Baptist's Student Ministries. We are so glad you are here! It has been on our heart to have God move through our students in a big way, and we know that the main way to get that done is by having a body of believers praying for us constantly. Our goal with this blog is to keep you informed and up-to-date on prayer requests we have within our ministry, whether they be from an individual student or from the group as a whole. We want to thank you for your willingness to pray for us and the work God is already doing within the lives of our students.


Friday, April 1, 2016

PRAYERS OF THE WEEK:
For Our Student
This week we started a new series called "Winsome". It focuses on winning people to Christ by your actions. Pray that as students wrestle with living as Christ lived they will see victory. Pray that they would see that a relationship with Jesus Christ is the most important thing for not only themselves, but for all people. Pray they will be captivated by Jesus. Pray that they would let Christ shine through them to others so that we might see many of their friends come to know Christ.

For Our Ministry
This weekend Thrive is going on a retreat to Spring Thaw, located at Multnomah University in Portland. Please pray for safety as they travel today. Also, pray for our students hearts and minds to be open to anything God would teach them through the speakers, worship leaders, and seminar speakers. Pray for growth and unity as we have fun and make memories together.  

PRAYER REQUESTS FROM OUR STUDENTS:
- I’ve been struggling with giving up control and giving my life to Jesus without reserve. He’s placed a calling in my life to travel, I think he’s calling me to be a missionary. He’s also blessed me with the ability to speak to others. Please pray for me to completely surrender my life to Him.
- Evolution in biology class – for me to speak truth. Confidence. Become more responsible.
I really want to be able to start talking with Andrew about his relationship with God but I’m worried I won’t say the right thing.
- Soon I will have to decide where I’m going to college next year. I have no idea where I should go. I’m trusting God but it’s still hard not knowing the future.
- I have a friend who recently told me he’s gay. I want to be as good a friend to him as I can and show him what a life with Jesus is like. I also pray that Jesus would protect him in this confusing time.


STUDENTS IN OUR MINISTRY:
Please take a moment to pray for these students individually. Pray over their week, family life, friendships, and character.


Sabrina
Josh
Bree
Simon
Jordan
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment